2022 Para Educator Book Study - The Burnout Cure: Learning to Love Teaching Again
July 26, 2022 - August 16, 2022
Brian Kritzer - The Burnout Cure: Learning to Love Teaching Again by Chase Mielke
15 Hours Awarded
How can you energize yourself to maintain or regain a positive outlook and love of teaching? What specific, immediate actions can you take to enhance your well-being and thrive both on and off the job?
Award-winning teacher Chase Mielke draws from his own research, lesson plans, and experiences with burnout to help you change your outlook, strengthen your determination to be a terrific teacher, and reignite your core passion for teaching.
Often lighthearted, yet thoroughly grounded in research on social-emotional learning and positive psychology, The Burnout Cure explains how shifts in awareness, attitudes, and actions can be transformational for you and for your students. The book describes specific steps related to mindfulness, empathy, gratitude, and altruism that you can use on your own and with students via classroom lessons and activities. Equipped with these tools, teachers can be their best, so they can give their best to the learners in their care.
- July 26th 2022 (8:30 - 9:30 am) Introduction, Syllabus, and Orientation
- August 2nd, 2022 (8:30 - 9:30 am) Book Discussion
- August 9th, 2022 (8:30 - 9:30 am) Book Discussion
- August 16th, 2022 (8:30 - 9:30 am) Book Discussion
How it works:
- Check out the book from the library or purchase it.
- Check your email for the ZOOM link one week prior to the meeting.
- Join into ZOOM using the link provided.
- Read the book as outlined and shared during our second meeting
- Get ready to share your thoughts and ideas as we journey through the book together.
- If you are not present for a ZOOM meeting, you will be required to provide a written summary of the chapters covered in order to receive your hours.
- A certificate with your 15 credit hours will be issued upon completion of the book study.
Registration is open until 7/26/2022