Burnout Cure - 2021 Para Educator Book Study
July 7 - 28, 2021
How can you energize yourself to maintain or regain a positive outlook and love of teaching? What specific, immediate actions can you take to enhance your well-being and thrive both on and off the job?
Award-winning teacher Chase Mielke draws from his own research, lesson plans, and experiences with burnout to help you change your outlook, strengthen your determination to be a terrific teacher, and reignite your core passion for teaching.
Often lighthearted, yet thoroughly grounded in research on social-emotional learning and positive psychology, The Burnout Cure explains how shifts in awareness, attitudes, and actions can be transformational for you and for your students. The book describes specific steps related to mindfulness, empathy, gratitude, and altruism that you can use on your own and with students via classroom lessons and activities. Equipped with these tools, teachers can be their best, so they can give their best to the learners in their care.
NOTE: Hours can be used for 20-21 or 21-22 School Year.
**15 ACT 48 hours will be awarded for participation in the book study series.
How it works:
1. Check out the book from the library or purchase it.
2. Check your email for the ZOOM link one week prior to the meeting.
3. Join into ZOOM using the link provided.
4. Read the book as outlined and shared during our first organizational meeting
5. Get ready to share your thoughts and ideas as we journey through the book together.
6. If you are not present for a ZOOM meeting, you will be required to provide a written summary of the chapters covered in order to receive your hours.
7. A certificate with your 15 credit hours will be issued upon completion of the book study
he Burnout Cure: Learning to Love Teaching Again by Chase Mielke
15 Hours Awarded
Registration Links Below:
Each participant must purchase and read the book (there is a hyperlink embedded in the picture below) and participate using the ZOOM platform.
Dates/Times: July 7, 14, 21, 28
- July 7, 2021 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Organizational meeting/First assignment https://paiu.zoom.us/j/98597432073
- July 14, 2021 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Book Discussion/Second assignment - https://paiu.zoom.us/j/94932003393
- July 21, 2021 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Book Discussion/Third assignment -https://paiu.zoom.us/j/97628647175
- July 28, 2021 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Book Discussion - https://paiu.zoom.us/j/97653221751
Registration is open until 7/7/2021