December 12 - 13, 2022
TIU 11 is pleased to offer a 2-day intensive workshop at no-cost to introduce and prepare secondary educators to teach Carnegie Mellon University's CS Academy, a novel, world-class, online, interactive high school computer science curriculum that is entirely free.
Facilitated by a CMU CS Academy Certified Trainers Jigar Patel and Eric Yoder, this workshop will provide a deep dive into the curriculum, as well as cover topics that include: CS pedagogy, collaborating in a CS classroom, empowering student creativity, and differentiating CS instruction for students with disabilities.
About CS Academy
Inspired by the highly successful Intro Computing course that has been taught at Carnegie Mellon University for the past 10+ years and is ranked in the top five CS courses in the country by Bloomberg News, CS Academy provides an online computer science curriculum, designed for high school students that is engaging, creative, rigorous, and fun. In CS Academy, students use interactive questions, coding activities, and built-in resources to learn coding and increase their understanding and application of computer science.
CS Academy Features
- Interactive notes with dynamic autograded checkpoints Browser-based environment
- Learning text-based Python programming
- Engaging graphics and animations
- Autograded exercises
- Blocked copy + paste functionality on student accounts Image inspector tool
- CMU student-authored content
- CMU student-supported online help for teachers
- Each semester culminates in a fun day of learning and activities at CMU.
Dates: December 12th and 13th, 9:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Presenters: Eric Yoder and Jigar Patel
Act 48 Available
Registration is open until 2022-12-12