Code.org CS Fundamentals Inro Workshop for Elementary Teachers - Virtual Series
October 12, 2021 - February 9, 2022
Code.org CS Fundamentals: Fully supported, free computer science curriculum and activities for Elementary Teachers. Regardless of what subject you teach; computer science is foundational knowledge for all students in the 21st century. Incorporating it into your classroom will give your students a huge leg up. Besides, this is a subject the kids love learning. With the help of this Code.org, no cost, one-day workshop for elementary school teachers, you will receive support in teaching computer science even if you have no prior experience. In addition, the activities are really fun!
What’s in a workshop?
In-person instruction from an experienced computer science facilitator, including an intro to computer science, pedagogy, overview of the online curriculum, teacher dashboard, and strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities. Over 10,000 teachers have participated in a workshop and the majority say it’s the best PD they’ve ever attended.
What you'll get from this workshop:
- In-person instruction from an experienced computer science facilitator.
- An intro to computer science and pedagogy.
- An overview of the online curriculum and teacher dashboard.
- A printed curriculum guide containing course lesson plans.
- Strategies for teaching "unplugged" classroom activities.
- A certificate of completion.
- Code.org swag!
Must attend all five sessions. Either all fall or all winter sessions to receive Act 48.
Registration is open until 10/12/2021