Get More Math
September 25, 2019 - March 9, 2020
This training is designed for teachers that have never been trained on the GMM program. We will begin by looking at how Get More Math improves a typical math classroom and give an in-depth demonstration of the program’s most important features. We will discuss best practices for increased success as well as common mistakes to avoid. This program works because it was developed by Josh Britton, a former PA math teacher. Josh created and developed Get More Math while working in his classroom to support initial mastery and long-term retention for grades 4 through Algebra I and Geometry.
Available Credit or Activity Hours
Act 48 Activity Hours
Wednesday, September 25
Monday, November 18
Monday, March 9
We are excited to offer training for math teachers of all types! Whether veteran GMM users or brand new to the program, we want to make sure that you are equipped to use the new GMM Web App as we continue the process of phasing out the Java version. Topics include:
- Benefits and changes visible in a GMM classroom for providing individualized cumulative review.
- All elements of the new web-based teacher interface. We will help you transition to this smoothly.
- In-depth instruction on developing high-quality classroom engagement.
- How to effectively implement GMM to support long-term retention.
- How to analyze data metrics including: what they mean, appropriate ranges, and what actions to take.
- Discussion of best practices for increased success as well as common mistakes to avoid.