International Phonetic Alphabet Review
February 12, 2020
The International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) is a notation system for the sounds of oral language. The correct use of the IPA system is required in assessing students with speech sound disorders with formalized assessment tools. The system also involves the transfer of sound descriptions between providers and use in the analysis of the student’s sound system. We will also discuss the phonemes in the American English Standard and Spanish dialects. This course is intended to be a refresher only.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Identify 4 uses of IPA in daily practice in assessment and intervention.
- Complete 5 IPA transcriptions with one error or less.
- Complete a PVM chart in International Phonetic Alphabet.
- Label example words for the Vowel Quadrilateral.
- LPs and teachers of the deaf and hard of hearing.
Lunch is on your own