Day 2 of Safety Care Initial Training (Day 1 was on January 24, 2023)
January 24, 2023 - March 6, 2023
Day 2 of the Initial Safety Care certification (which was originally scheduled for Jan. 25th) will be held on March 6th from 8 am - 3:30 pm.
If you have any questions please email Denise Shugarts, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety Care Certification Information
- The certification course runs 8:00 am - 3:30 pm each day.
- You must be present the entire time in order to receive your certification.
- There are visitors' parking spaces in the upper lot.
- Please enter through the front door which is near the large TIU sign.
- Lunch will be on your own for 30 minutes. Due to time constraints, it is highly recommended you bring a packed lunch.
- The temperature in the training room fluctuates (usually on the cooler side).
- Please wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move about easily. Items such as lightweight pants, sweatpants, yoga pants, comfortable jeans, t-shirts, and lightweight sweatshirts work well.
- Wear comfortable athletic shoes that allow you to easily move forward, backward, and side-to-side.
- Please bring something to write with.
We look forward to seeing you!
Safety-Care is a training program for staff working with children, adolescents, or adults who may exhibit challenging or dangerous behavior. Participants in the course learn a wide variety of prevention skills so that they can each contribute to a physical and social environment that encourages behavior patterns that are positive and safe. Please note that this is an initial training, and not a re-certification. There will be a $7.00 charge for materials and processing. 1/2 hour lunch on your own. We need a minimum of 6 people in order to run the training.
Registration closed on 2023-01-24